Lemon Rice Soup
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 medium green onions, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup long grain white rice
- 4 large eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the green onions and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently until the onions are tender.
- Stir in the chicken broth and rice. Bring to boiling on medium high heat. Reduce to low heat. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Rice should be tender.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a wire whisk. Add the lemon juice and 1/2 cup of the broth mixture.
- Gradually add the lemon juice mixture to the broth mixture, stirring constantly. Cook on low heat for 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Boiling will cause the soup to curdle and be very lumpy. Stir in the white pepper.