Lemon Snow Caps
- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 oz) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed*
- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- May use 1 cup whipping cream whipped with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in large mixing bowl. Beat until stiff, but not dry. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating continuously, until mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Divide the meringue into four even circles on the parchment paper, each about 4" in diameter. With the back of a spoon, form each meringue into a shell.
- Bake meringue shells for 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside until ready to fill.
- While meringue shells are baking, whisk together the egg yolks, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Over medium-low heat, continue to whisk the lemon mixture until it is thickened and bubbling. Remove from heat, place in medium sized bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely cool.
- Fold 1/2 of the non-dairy whipped topping into the cooled lemon curd. Fill each of the meringue shells with the lemon filling and top with the remaining whipped topping.