Lemon Tartlets (in Memory of Tasha Tudor)
- 1 jar quality Lemon curd
- 1 batch Tartlet Crust:
- 1/2 c. 3x sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 c. ground almonds
- pinch salt
- Cream sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Mix in flour, salt and almonds to form a soft dough.
- Chill dough.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Form dough into small ball and press into tartlet/mini muffin tins.
- Bake 25 min. or until golden brown.
- Spoon Lemon curd into cooled tartlet.
- You may garnish with edible flowers like violets or pansies for a beautiful tea presentation.
A wonderful lady that I so very much admired, Tasha Tudor, died this week on June 18, 2008, at the age of 92. She was one of America's best known and beloved illustrators. Also a great gardener, cook, seamstress, farmer, loved nature, and all her animals, etc. This recipe came from Tasha Tudor and Family's website. It can be found under receipts, which is the old spelling of 'recipe', and was still used by Ms. Tudor. Ms. Tudor loved her teas.