Lighter Sugar Cookies - Gluten-Free
- Cooking Time: 8 to 9 mins
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free self-rising whole-grain flour mix
- 1/3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend ( or 1/4 cups each; sucralose and sugar)
- 1/2 cup less-fat margarine (used canola harvest)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons liquid egg white product
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Combine the flours, and sweetener in a mixing bowl. Add remainder of ingredients and mix with hand mixer until blended
- 3. Divide dough into 24 balls. Press slightly with hands or spatula to flatten into desired shape on the prepared cookie sheet.
- 4. Bake for about 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are browned. The cookie will puff and start to deflate.
- 5. Remove from oven as it begins to deflate.
- 6. Remove from pan. Let cool on another cool cookie sheet. Frost if desired
- Nutrition Facts
- Nutrition (per unfrosted cookie): 77 calories, 3.9g total fat, 2g monounsaturated fat, <1g polyunsaturated fat, 0g trans fatty acids, <1g saturated fat, <1mg cholesterol, 63.7mg sodium, 24.4mg potassium, 8.8g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 8.3g net carbohydrates, <1g starch, 3g sugar, <1g protein, <1mg iron, 3.7mcg folate, <1mg vitamin c, 10IU vitamin d, <1mg vitamin b6, <1mcg vitamin b12, <1mg niacin, 0mcg lycopene, <1g aspartic acid, <1g glutamic acid.
On National Sugar Cookie Day 2011, I was reading a nutrition article on Web MD. There was a link on the page for a regular lighter sugar cookie. That gave me the idea to make this one. My gluten free flour mix has more whole grains than the average mix. KAF has a mix that could also be used.