Linda Etherton & Gluten-Free Homemaker’s Gluten Free, Dairy Free Almond Cranberry Muffins
- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp potato starch
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or grapeseed oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200 / 400°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- In your stand mixer, lightly beat together the milk and eggs on a low speed.
- Add the vanilla.
- Pour the coconut oil into the dry ingredients and gently mix with a fork.
- Add this mixture into the milk, egg, and vanilla mixture and mix on a low speed until just moistened and combined.
- Gently fold in the cranberries or raisins.
- Spoon batter into a 12-cup greased muffin tin. The cups will be almost full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for five minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. YUMMO!
I got this recipe from Linda Etherton from The Gluten-Free Homemaker. This was Recipe #27 in the "Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid" event. All of Linda's wonderful recipes are gluten free, dairy free, and soy free. My kind of recipes! I LOVE any recipes made with almond flour, and Linda beautifully mixes protein and starchy flours together to create a lovely moist muffin with a gorgeous flavour. I used cranberries in my batch, but you could also use raisins. Either way, these muffins are delicious! For more information about this recipe, check out Linda's original blog post. Learn more about Linda Etherton at The Gluten-Free Homemaker.