- 1 can of vitamin -mineral fortified
- chocolate-flavored malted drink mix
- (or flavored mix of your choice)
- if you cannot find the vitamin- mineral fortified..open a capsule of a vitamin-mineral supplement and mix it in.
- Pkg. of non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate-flavored vit./min. fortified malted drink mix
- 2 1/4 cups instant nonfat dry milk (if pkg. suggests 3 tbsps. non-fat dry milk to cup water, use only 1 1/4 cups of the nonfat dry milk in preparing liquid diet.)
- 4 tsps. salad oil
- 1 qt. of ice-cold water
- With spoon, combine the malted milk mix and dry milk powders with the salad oil.
- Pour the ice cold water into
- mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle dry mixture on surface of water.
- Stir to blend with mixer or blender until frothy- brown flecks will not matter.
- Makes one quart.
- Keep chilled; shake before using.
- Serve icy cold.
- Liquid diet mixture keeps a week under refrigeration.
This recipe comes from BH&G Nutrition for your family--1961. This is from an older book, and makes a days supply for about 1,000 calories worth. I have not tried this, but I am planning to. My husband and I are retired, both have health problems, and as we are getting older, food sometimes just does not taste right to us. Sometimes we do not eat breakfast, or if we do, skip lunch; and for supper we usually eat too much and sometimes late at night. What I want to do is fill the void of missing a meal (when we just do not want anything) with this nutritious drink. FOR ONE DAY'S BALANCED 1,000 CALORIE DIET: 1 quart liquid diet (divided into 5 or 6 small "meals" if you wish)---PLUS 1 small orange sliced or served in sections, for vitamin C.