Lotus Root Chips
- 12-18 inches lotus root, about 3-4 segments
- vegetable oil for frying
- coarse sea salt
- Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a pan to 300 degrees.
- While the oil is heating, trim rough ends off of each lotus root segment and peel off the skin of the lotus roots with a peeler.
- Thinly slice the lotus roots using a slicer (mandoline).
- Gently slide sliced root into the hot oil and separate with tongs.
- Chips are done when it turns slightly brown and is crunchy.
- When done, drain the chips on paper towels and salt generously while still warm.