Low-fat Vegetarian Pizza
- Cooking Time: 15 - 25
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 low-carb pita flatbread
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (I used Sargento Chef Style)
- 1/2 large mushroom, sliced thinly
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 6-8 thin slices zucchini/green squash
- 6 kalamata olives, sliced in half
- Shallot, sliced thinly, as needed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place your pita flatbread on a pizza stone, on a sheet pan.
- Layer the sauce, cheese and veggies on top.
- I put the cheese on last to kind of hold it all together.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and cheese starts to brown slightly.
I've been on a low-fat diet now for almost 3 weeks and it's always a mission to find fun, new recipes to help keep me motivated. I read about a pita pizza idea somewhere and adapted it based on my own needs -- to keep fat grams under 15 grams per meal. This recipe has approximately 13 grams of fat, but read your labels, it depends which brands you use.