Lowcountry Shrimp Pilaf
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups prechopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 1/2 cups instant white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos, undrained
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion to pan; saute 2 minutes. Add garlic and Old Bay seasoning to pan; saute 1 minute. Add shrimp, wine, and clam juice; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Place pan over medium-high heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon thyme and tomatoes; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon thyme.