MACKINTOSH'S Toffee Marshmallow Puffs
- Cooking Time: 24
- 1⁄2 cup butter or margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 bars (56 g each) MACKINTOSH’S Toffee candy, smacked
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 24 large size marshmallows
- Place butter, sweetened condensed milk, and toffee in the top of a double boiler or a heat-proof medium bowl set over boiling water. Cook, stirring often, for about 30 minutes or until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat, keeping toffee mixture set over hot water.
- Place crispy rice cereal into a shallow bowl. Drop one marshmallow into toffee mixture. Using two forks, toss to coat well. Scrape off any excess toffee mixture. Drop coated marshmallow into cereal; using two large spoons toss to coat well. With spoon, transfer coated marshmallow onto a large, wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat for remaining marshmallows, returning toffee mixture to heat if it becomes too thick.
- Makes about 24 puffs.