MEXICAN SUSHI BITES
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salsa, plus more for dipping
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, salsa, chili powder, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, lightly sprinkle the avocado with the lime juice to prevent browning.
- Trim each tortilla to make a roughly 6-1/2-inch square.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on a tortilla.
- Arrange 2 rows of spinach in the center of the tortilla, then top them with a row each of red pepper, yellow pepper, and avocado.
- Roll the tortilla up tightly and wrap it in plastic wrap.
- Repeat for the remaining tortillas.
- Refrigerate the rolls for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- Right before serving, slice the rolls crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces and spoon extra salsa into a bowl for dipping.
- Serves 10 to 12.