Magic Cookie Bars
- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 stick butter
- 1 ½ c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 c. flaked coconut
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in oven in a 13 by 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter and press into pan, forming a crust.
- Pour condensed milk over crumbs.
- Layer evenly with remaining ingredients and press down firmly.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Substitution suggestions: butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips; chocolate covered peanuts instead of nuts and chocolate chips; M&Ms instead of chocolate chips.
I had never heard of Magic Cookie Bars until I saw a boxed version from Eagle Brand. I tried them and fell in love, but realized that I could easily make my own for less money and get more bars! There are so many different ways these can be done, which is really the best part of the recipe!