- Cooking Time: 60
- 1 cup raisin soaked in brandy/rum
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups fresh mango puree
- 3 TBS shredded fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup of toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chip
- The night before or earlier in the day steam raisins pour run or brandy on let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease or spray with non stick , two loaf pans line with parchement paper.
- Spray or grease paper.
- In a bowl combine flour baking soda and salt..Set aside.
- With electric mixer beat butter and sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Then turn off mixer .
- Make Mango Puree: Blend two mangoes with the juice of 1 lemon in a blender.
- Add mango puree and stir with wooden spoon.
- Gently fold in flour mixture into mango mixture.
- Then fold in ginger , chocolate chip, coconut.
- Drain raisins and fold in.
- Bake about 1 hour.