Maple/Balsamic Baked Pumpkin Pizza with Chili Flake and Cumin, topped with Arugala and St. Auger blue
- Cooking Time: 8-10
- Servings: 4
- For Pumpkin Preparation:
- 3/4 cup Cubed Pumpkin
- 3/4 tsp Red Chili Flake
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 1 TB Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Construction equipment:
- 1 oz Parmagiano-Reggiano
- 3 oz Mozzarella
- 3 oz Creamy Gorgonzola (Gorgonzola Dolce) In small chunks
- 3 oz small Arugala leaves
- Toss pumpkin with Chili Flake, Cumin, Olive oil, Maple syrup and Balsamic.
- Bake on a sheet pan in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes – Until Softened
- Remove from oven and set aside – Reserve any pan juices for later.
- Prepare Crust.
- Brush Crust with any Pan juices from Baked Pumpkin, Compensate with extra olive oil if needed.
- Sprinkle with Parmagiano-Reggiano
- Scatter pumpkin over crust
- Sprinkle with 2 oz of the Mozzarella.
- Dot with small chunks of Blue Cheese
- Bake Pizza for 5 minutes on a preheated stone.
- Remove and cover with Arugala and Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella
- Return to oven and bake an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set a few minutes before cutting to allow the cheese to set.