- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 6 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 2-3 roma tomatoes
- 1 medium ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil
- pizza sauce or thick spaghetti sauce
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Flatten one Texas roll or 2 dinner rolls combined into a 6-inch circle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Slice tomatoes and cheese into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- Cut basil into long strips.
- Remove wrap from dough and place circles on sprayed baking sheets.
- Poke with a fork several times to prevent bubbles from forming and pre-bake at 350°F 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each one with sauce, tomatoes and cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh basil.