- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 cups wine vinegar
- 2 2/3 cups salad oil
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- If the mushrooms are large, cut into thick slices. If they are tiny, leave whole.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and pour over the mushrooms. Put in a covered container and refrigerate.
- Marinate for 3 to 4 days shaking the container daily to blend the flavors.
- After using the mushrooms, you can use the liquid as a salad dressing.