- 2 (4-6 ounce) fillets mignon (can substitute your favorite cut)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh coarse ground black pepper (use up to 1 tablespoon Adjust to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped chives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup vodka (use a good quality one, as this is big on flavor but not necessarily an expensive one)
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
- 1 Tbsp gin
- 1 Tbsp Green Olive Juice (you can skip this if you want)
- Rub both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, add the steaks and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes. (Don’t let it marinate for too long or the alcohol will break down the meat too much.)
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and let them sit for 10 minutes or so to come to room temperature. Discard the marinade.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Grill the steaks, covered, for 3 or 4 minutes each side for medium-rare.
- Adjust this cooking time depending on the cut of meat you are using.
- Remove the steaks, cover them with foil and (IMPORTANT) let them rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- This allows the juices to settle back into the meat and keeps it tender.
- NOTE: Since its probably freezing in most parts of the country, I HIGHLY recommend using your Foreman Grill or grill pan.