Maryland Cream of Crab Soup
- Servings: makes 6 servings
- 1 pound crab meat, picked over
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- few drops hot sauce
- 1 quart milk
- parsley for garnish
- Remove cartilage from crab meat.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in water.
- In 4-quart saucepan cook onion in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk and bouillon gradually and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens enough to coat a spoon.
- Add crab meat, heat, but do not boil.
- Garnish with parsley flakes before serving.