Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
- Cooking Time: 45
- 6 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 8 oz Mascarpone
- 6 Tbl Butter, softened
- 4 each Eggs
- 1 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Honey Chocolate Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the Baker’s Edge with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Melt a 1/2 cup of butter with the chocolate.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a mixer using a paddle attachment, beat the mascarpone, 6 Tbsp. of softened butter, and the sugar until light and smooth.
- Add the eggs to the cheese mixture one at a time and thoroughly scrape the bowl after each egg is added. Add the vanilla and mix. Add the chocolate and mix just until combined.
- Finally, add the dry ingredients and mix slowly just until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Please note: The brownies will rise up during the baking process but after being removed from the oven will collapse to a normal height.
The brownies are good both with and without the sauce. If you decide to use the sauce, it is best to make it ahead of time and refrigerate until you are ready to use it. This allows the honey flavors to develop more fully. Heat it slightly over a low heat and once it is pourable, serve it with the cooled brownies. This recipe was written for use with an Edge Brownie Pan or a standard 9" x 13" baking pan.