May's Mary Day Honey Cake
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- Cooking spray
- All-purpose flour, for dusting pans
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup 1% milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CAKE: Heat oven to 350°F. Spray/grease cake pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Cream butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add honey and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to mixer alternately with milk, starting and ending with flour mixture, and mixing just until blended.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes; unmold onto a rack and cool completely.
- FROSTING:Beat cream cheese, honey and vanilla until light and fluffy. Spread on cake.