May's Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 16 pancakes
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbs honey
- 50g butter or margerine, melted
- 2 bananas
- Sift flour, cinnamon and baking powder into a bowl. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, honey and 2 tbs of the melted butter/margerine. Pour into flour mixture to make a batter and then add 1 mashed banana. Stir well to mix together.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat. Brush with a little of the melted butter/margerine and spoon in 2 tbs of the batter. Cook for about 2 minutes until bubbles begin to appear on the top.
- Turn over and cook the other side for about 1 minute or until golden.
- Slice remaining banana and serve on the top of a stack of pancakes. Drizzle with a little extra honey.
“In the kitchen May and Rosaleen were working on pancake batter. … The trashcan was full of banana peels, and the electric percolator bubbled into the tiny glass nozzle on top of it. Bloop, bloop. I loved the way it sounded, the way it smelled. … May drizzled batter on the griddle in the shape of a big L. ‘This one’s yours,’ she said. L for Lily." -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees ~A single honey bee will visit 50-100 flowers on a single trip out of the hive.~