Mayan Hot Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 squares bittersweet chocolate
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. cinnamon (traditionally canella is used)
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. chopped almonds or hazlenuts (these are ground in the beverage for added "body")
- pinch of salt
- Melt butter and chocolate. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into a greased, 8" pan.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 25-30 minutes.