- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1 take & Bake Baguette
- Thick Sliced Ham cut in quarters
- Swiss Cheese cut in 8ths
- 1 pre-made Roasted Pork Loin, Lechon or Carnitas from the freshly prepared meals counter at the Grocer
- 12 oz Grated Gruyere
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- sliced Cornichons
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Bake Baguette & slice as many as you need
- Butter both sides of bread
- Pull heated pork apart & place on bread
- Layer Swiss cheese, cornichons & mustard
- Top bread
- Place in a George Foreman or Panini Press & grill sandwichs till golden brown
- On the stovetop melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan and add the flour all at once, stirring with a spoon for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour the hot milk into the butter–flour mixture and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce is thickened.
- Off the heat add the salt, pepper, nutmeg & 1/2 cup grated Gruyere.
- Brush sauce & sprinkle remainder gruyere on top of sandwiches
- Place finished sandwiches in the broiler broil for 4 minutes
Cuban sandwiches called medianoches are the rage in Miami especially after a late night of partying nothing soaks the alcohol better. My Mom on the other hand makes thee BEST Croque Monsieurs, I figured why not combine the 2, make them mini sized & serve at parties & keep in the fridge for myself whenever I need a quick sandwich.