Mesquite Grilled Salmon
- /4cup mesquite BBQ seasoning, 1Tsp Kosher salt, 1/4cup gran. sugar, 1Tsp black pepper, 1 1/2Tsp cayenne pepper, 1Tsp gran. garlic, 1Tsp chili powder;
- (Lemon BBQ Sauce) 2cups (original flavor or your favorite homemade version)BBQ Sauce, 1Tsp chopped garlic, 1/8tsp dried oregano, 1/8tsp crushed red pepper, 1/8tsp dried thyme, juice from 1 lemon, 1/2cup butter or margarine(room temp.);
- (Salmon) 1cup EVOO, 2Tsp chopped garlic, 2tsp Kosher salt, 1tsp black pepper, 8skinless salmon fillets, veg oil(as needed);
- Blend together mesquite seasoning, salt, sugar, black & cayenne pepper, garlic, & chili powder into small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- (Lemon BBQ Sauce) Place BBQ Sauce, garlic, oregano, red pepper & thyme in small saucepan. Simmer 8min to blend flavors. Remove from stove and whisk in lemon juice & butter. Set aside.
- (Salmon) Place olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper in lrg resealable bag & shake until blended. Add salmon fillets & marinate a minimum of 20min. Remove salmon fillets and place on a tray. Lightly season w/Mesquite Salmon Rub. Place a lrg skillet on med-high heat w/small amount of veg oil & add two or three fillets at a time to skillet. Cook 4min on each side or until salmon is nicely browned & cooked thoroughly. Place salmon fillets on a serving platter. Top w/Lemon BBQ Sauce. Serve & Enjoy!
- Backstory: I absolutely LOVE this recipe. My husband actually came up with this one playing around with his new grill. Then we started using our George Forman Grill and found it quicker and tastier. Well, I hope you enjoy this tasty new way to eat salmon