- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (plain or with chiles)
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- Grease a 12 x 8-inch casserole dish.
- Mix Bisquick, water and beans. Brown meat and season with taco
- seasoning mix; drain. Layer, beginning with Bisquick mix, then meat,
- next salsa; top with cheese.Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce and tomatoes
- I made this and it is shockingly good!
- I didn't even have a can of refrieds, so I used a can of pintos and mashed them (refrieds are mashed pintos anyway). I also added a 4-oz. can of diced green chiles to the crust. The crust isn't a hard crust, but is very much like a batter. I even used ground turkey instead of beef and that worked fine.
- This is very good! I know it sounds weird with the Bisquick in the bottom layer, but it turns out just fine.
- Endlessly adaptable, too. Put some chopped green onions in one of the layers if you want. Or some chopped olives.
- Go wild! I believe it will serve 6.