Mexican Chocolate Crinkles
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 square (1 oz) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar and egg. Add corn syrup and melted chocolate.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to mixing bowl.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls and roll in sugar; place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (cookies should be soft).
- Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen