Mexican Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces chunky pasta (such as rotini, wheels, medium macaroni, etc)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (or the equivalent in frozen corn)
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (green, red, yellow - whatever color you have on hand)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice (you can also use lime juice)
- pepper, to taste
- tastefully simple ranch fiesta dip mix, to taste or 1 spicy seasoning mix (such as Mrs Dash Extra Spicy) or garlic powder
- cilantro, chopped,to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste, I have also used shredded monterey jack and shredded mexican soft cheese.)
- 1. Cook the pasta (al dente) During approximately the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add the corn.
- 2. While the pasta/corn mixture is cooking, combine all other ingredients (except for the cheese) in a large bowl.
- 3. Drain the pasta and corn.
- 4. Rinse the pasta and corn in cold water until the mixture is cool or cold.
- 5. Add the pasta/corn mixture to the other ingredients and mix.
- 6. Before serving, sprinkle mixture with shredded cheese.
- Chopped cooked chicken is an easy add to this!