- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/2 # ground beef, turkey, chicken or veggie crumbles
- 1 T. EVOO
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. each kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 (16oz) can vegetarian refried beans
- 4 (10 inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. salsa
- 2 1/2 c. Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapenos, finely minced or sliced
- 1/4 c. light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat 2 pie pans with nonstick spray.
- In a medium skillet, saute the onions in the EVOO over medium high heat for 5 - 7 minutes, until onions get soft. Add ground meat or veggie crumbles and cook until evenly cooked. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Season the meat with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Lay one tortilla in each pie plate and cover with a layer of the refried beans. Spread half of the seasoned meat over each one, then cover with a second tortilla. Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Remove pie plates from oven and let cool slightly. Spread half of the salsa over each tortilla. Then cover each pizza with half the cheese, half of the scallions and half of the jalapenos.
- Return pizza to oven, and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before slicing each on into 4 pieces. Serve with sour cream on the side.