Mexican layered tortilla dish
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 30 or 40 minutes
- Flour or Corn Tortillas (either will work, but they'll change the dish)
- 1 Jar of Salsa (i always used store bought, but fresh salsa will work just fine)
- 1 lb cooked ground beef (Or chicken, or any meat substitute of your choosing)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or Colby cheese)
- Cook the ground beef, to your own pleasing. I always cooked with salt and a little pepper, maybe some all Italian spices.
- Take a rectangular casserole dish. Butter or spray the dish, bottom and all sides. Lay a layer of tortilla. Then spread a layer of beans. Then a layer of salsa. Then a layer of beef. A layer of cheese. A layer of tortilla. Repeat as needed. The order doesn't matter. Leave a layer of cheese for the top.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Cook dish uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the tortilla starts to lightly brown.