Mika’s Vegan Seaweed and Cucumber Salad
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Salad Ingredients:
- 4 cups cut wakame soaked for 10 minutes and then rinsed and drained
- 2 cups julienned cucumber
- 1 Tbsp gomasio for garnishing
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 Tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 4 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cold pressed sesame oil
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp freshly minced ginger
- 3 tsp agave nectar
- Mix together the seaweed and cucumber in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing throw all the ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times until well combined. Or just gently beat with a whisk or fork.
- Toss the dressing through the salad and garnish with some gomasio or plain sesame seeds.
I post this simple little Japanese seaweed salad in honor of my friend Mika. Mika is a phenomenal cook, with a natural flare for flavors. Of all the incredible dishes she has shared with me, this one will always be my favorite. Seaweed and cucumber salads are always bursting with flavor, but they are often made with sauces that contain a lot of sugar. We have modified a traditional favorite using fresh raw lemon juice and agave nectar. This is a quick, easy and a spectacular introduction to seaweed. Give it a go. It is irresistibly delicious!