Milliion Dollar Pound Cake
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour to creamed mixture alternating with milk; beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes; remove from pan and let cook completely on a wire rack.
- This freezes well to keep on hand for unexpected company.