Mini Cheeseburger Salad with Yellow Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds ground sirloin (I never have used this much meat, maybe 1 pound)
- Ã‚Â½ cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 rounded tablespoon grill seasoning (Rachael suggests McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning)
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar, sliced (I don't use this much to keep it lower in calories)
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 cup sliced pickles, drained (use dill, sweet, sour or a combination)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat grill, grill pan or non-stick skillet.
- Combine beef, onion, worcestershire and steak seasoning. Form into 12 large meatballs. Flatten the balls into small patties. Drizzle the patties with EVOO to keep them from sticking to the cooking surface. Grill or pan fry the burgers for 3 minutes per side then add cheese and cover to melt cheese.
- Coarsely chop romaine hearts and toss with the pickles and halved tomatoes.
- Prepare dressing:
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Ã‚Â½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Stir in:
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red pimento or fresh red pepper
- Arrange mini-cheeseburgers on salad and drizzle with dressing.
- A great side with this is what we call green bean "fries" Take whole fresh green beans and toss with olive oil then place in a single layer on a foil covered baking sheet. Roast in a 400Ã‚Âº oven 5 to 10 minutes. Toss with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning. Enjoy!