Mini Christmas Puddings
- Cooking Time: 5 -10 minutes
- Servings: 24 approximately
- Preparation Time: 15 - 30 minutes
- 400g Dark Fruit Cake
- 100g Dark Chocolate, melted
- Port or Brandy or Strong Coffee (1-3 Tablespoons)
- 200g Dark Chocolate (approximately)
- 100g White Chocolate (approximately)
- Green and Red Glace Cherries
- In a medium sized mixing bowl crumble up the fruit cake.
- Add the melted chocolate.Mix these ingredients then a little at a time add the port, brandy or coffee. Until the mixture is the consistency of a dough that can be rolled into balls.
- Roll the mixture into bite size balls and place onto a tray.
- Chill the balls for 15-30 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a spererate bowl over a pan of simmering water (which ever you prefer).
- Drop the balls two to three at a time into the melted dark chocolate and coat with chocolate. Drain the chocolate off a little then place back on the tray. Repeat until all the balls are coated.
- In a seperate bowl melt the white chocolate using your preferred method.
- Using a teaspoon drizzle a little white chocolate over the ball to represent custard.
- Chop the red cherries into little bits and the green ones into little slivers and decorate the 'puddings,' while the white chocolate is still soft, to represent Holly.
I saw these being demonstrated at the supermarket but never got the quantities. So I played around and came up with my version. The quantities don't have to be exact... They are very rich but very YUMMY particularly if you like dark fruit cake. I like to sit back Christmas evening with friends and family, relax and enjoy one of these morsals with a cup of coffee!