- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 c. finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- 1/2 Tbls. sugar
- 2 oz. sweet chocolate
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3 tsp. instant coffee
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first three ingredients.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a springform pan and crush crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, stirring until smooth, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and gradually add sugar until well blended.
- Add chocolate, coffee, and salt, and blend.
- Turn into prepared crust and bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on counter for 45 minutes, then chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.