- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice (Note: I used 8 limes)
- 2 1/2 cups Club Soda
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 limes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons light rum
- Pour the lime juice, club soda, and 1 cup water into a pitcher and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the mint, lemon and lime wedges, sugar, and rum to the pitcher.
- Mash all of the ingredients together with a muddler or a wooden spoon.
- Pour into pop molds, being sure to distribute the fruits and mint evenly among the molds.
- Insert the sticks.
- Freeze for at least 12 hours.
- Remove from the freezer; let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before removing the pops from the molds.
Adapted from Krystina Castella's new book: Pops! Icy Treats for Everyone published by Quirk Books. Makes 24 two-ounce ice cube-tray pops, six 8-ounce pops, or eight 6-ounce pops (Note: Or be like me and make six popsicles and three nice sized mojitos to share while you're waiting for the pops to freeze). View more of my cooking adventures at ErinCooks.com