Mom's Best Homemade Biscuits
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 C. Shortening
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 additional Cup of Flour
- Preheat Oven to 500`
- In medium-large bowl, place the flour and cut in shortening with a fork until coarse crumbs form.
- Add milk; Mix well. The dough should be soft and wet.
- Place extra cup of flour in seperate small bowl.
- "Flour" hands and pull of a "biscuit-sized" portion of dough and roll in flour. Roll gently in palm. The center of biscuit should still be soft and wet.
- Place on a lightly greased 9-inch pan or cookie sheet (I always use my baking stone)
- Flatten "balls" slightly and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with country gravy and sausage for breakfast or with a homestyle meal!