Mouth Watering Frittata
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1. 5 eggs
- 2. 1/2 cup egg beaters
- 3. white cheddar cheese
- 4. skim milk
- 5. pepper/salt
- 6. Sweet roasted pepper flakes
- 7. Apple smoked salt
- 8.Italian Parsley
- 9. Chard
- 10. Mustard Greens
- 11. Turkey bacon
- 12. Tomatoes
- 13. Shiitake mushrooms
- 1. Chop the garlic and the rest of your veggies and transfer to a cast iron pan (round and good size)—
- 2. Carmelize it in a pan with a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
- 3. Add your chopped onions to the garlic & olive oil and simmer.
- 4. Add the rest of the chopped veggies, stir around and multi-task by pre-heating the oven to 360 degrees.
- 5. Add all herbs including Italian Parsley, Sweet Pepper Flakes, Salt and Pepper.
- 6. After sauteing veggies pour your mixture of 5 eggs, skim milk (with salt and pepper) into the pan on medium heat.
- 7. Add a generous amount of cheese to the top equally distributed (not too generous–but generous enough).
- 8. Let sit for over medium heat until transferring the frittata into the oven (smaller ovens are better because they heat up faster and cook faster).
- 9. Let bake for about 20 minutes or until top is somewhat hardened (not too hard) and browned. Let cool.
I don’t generally toot my own horn, but this late night dinner was absolutely flavor-packed, delectable and fiery. I made Egg Frittata with apple smoked turkey bacon and corn bread. This meal was very easy to make, absolutely delicious, and a perfect ‘breakfast inspired’ dinner. The hardest part of this meal is heading to your local farmer’s market to pick up these ingredients. I went to the Farmer’s market this morning and purchased a ton of veggies, produce and some interesting curiosities. I know it’s a schlep to get to your local market, and generally you should bring cash, but I cannot express how much BETTER the food tastes when you get it fresh and local. It’s no joke.