- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15
- ◦2 tablespoons lighting olive oil
- ◦1 large leek (white portion only), washed, halved lengthways, sliced thinly
- ◦2-4 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- ◦750g/ 1 ¾ pounds of Portobello or flat mushrooms, chopped
- ◦4 cups salt reduced vegetable
- ◦125ml/ 4.5 ounces thickened light cream
- ◦Toasted bread or low GI bread rolls to serve
- 1.Heat oil in a large saucepan over average temperature.
- 2.Add leek and garlic and cook, stirring, for a few minutes.
- 3.Decrease heat to minimal. Continue to cook, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until leek is basically tender.
- 4.Increase temperature to medium.
- 5.Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 10 to 15 minutes or until mushrooms are smooth.
- 6.If you find your mushrooms are burning, possibly reduce the heat or add around 100ml of water to add a little moisture.
- 7.Add stock to saucepan and simmer, partly covered, for 20 minutes.
- 8.Remove from heat and set aside to cool fairly.
- 9.Mix soup until well mixed. If too firm add a little more stock.
- 10.Either stir in cream before serving or add a good dollop to every container.
- 11.The volume of carbohydrates in this meal varies based on the amount of bread served per individual.