My fave Sweet Pastry recipe!
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 1 large or 12 small
- Preparation Time: 10
- 160 grams butter
- 120 grams cake flour (or plain flour is fine)
- 80 grams castor sugar
- 40 grams of egg (or 1 egg)
- Extra 120 grams of cake flour (or plain flour is fine)
- Mix the butter, cake flour and castor sugar in a mixer on low speed with a beater to form a crumbly consistency
- Turn the mixer down to lower and add the egg slowly
- Add the extra flour until just combined, but do not over mix as this will cause the pastry to shrink later.
- Place the pastry in the fridge covered with plastic to allow to harden slightly (this allows the pastry to be rolled easily and not stick too much).
- Grease a muffin pan or pie tin(s) (depending on what size and shape you want)
- Roll out pastry in small amount to 5mm thick and cut out circles 88 mm wide (roughly a mug size wide, if you don't have cookie cutter) sprinkle some flour on the work surface and the rolling pin avoid sticking.
- Place cut out circles into greased muffin tin and blind bake.
- Or if making a large pie, roll out an amount about 10mm larger than the pie tin over the tin using the rolling pin, or if you can pick up with hands, but be careful of the pastry tearing.