New York Style Cheese Cake
- Cooking Time: 1
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 12 cinnamon graham crackers (crushed)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- All non-dry ingredients should be at room temperature.
- This is important for a smooth texture.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Spray with cooking grease, generouslya 9 inch springform pan.
- Crush the graham crackers either by hand or in a food processor until they are fine crumbs...then combine with melted butter and by hand press into the bottom of your springform pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- then add in the milk
- add the the eggs one at a time combining well after each.
- Add in the sour cream, vanilla and flour
- beat until smooth.
- Pour on top of the prepared crust in the springform pan.
- Place the filled springform pan inside a roasting pan
- then fill with boiling water to a level that is approximately 1/4-1/2way up the springform pan.
- Carefully place the roasting pan with the springform pan and water into the pre-heated oven
- bake for about an hour or until just barely set.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside with the door closed for 3-5 hours until the oven is cool. Do not open the oven during thistime.
- Keeping the cheesecake in the oven during the cooling is what prevents it from cracking.
- Once the oven is cool, remove the cheesecake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
I found this while surfing the net. My husband has been bugging me to make him a cheesecake but I was unsure. I had never made a cheesecake before what if it turned out nasty or fell apart? So I tried this one and low and behold it came out so pretty. My husband took the first bite and asked me to marry him again!