No Bake Butterscotch Bars
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup nuts (or toffee bits)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 ounces butterscotch morsels
- Cook sugar, eggs and butter together over low heat, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. Cool then add graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows, coconut, nuts (or toffee bits.) Put mixture in a 9x13 inch pan. Melt peanut butter and butterscotch chips together and spread on top. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into small squares.
- Refrigerate in warm weather
I got this from the TOH bulletin board, it was posted by MissEllie, it was so good that I just have to share it with others. I served it this weekend and got writers cramp from writing out the recipe for everyone that tasted it. It makes a large portion and is really more like a candy than anything else. My slight change is in parenthesis.