No Spread Sugar Cookies (Cookie Cutter Recipe)
- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Servings: 4-5 dzn 2"/3" cookies
- Preparation Time: 30-45 minutes
- 6 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups superfine/baking sugar (not powdered)
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Almond extract
- 1 tsp. fine grain (table) salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, five minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients and add gradually to butter mixture.
- Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours* (shortcut provided below)
- Roll to desired thickness on Reynolds® Parchment Paper and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake on ungreased Reynolds® Parchment Paper-lined baking sheet at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges.
- Convenient tip:
- For rolling out dough without the mess:
- Save time waiting for your cookie dough to chill by rolling the freshly made dough and placing a glob between two sheets of Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
- Roll it out to the desired thickness (1/4" is ideal) then place the dough and paper on a cookie sheet and pop it into the refrigerator.
- Continue rolling out your dough between sheets of paper until you have
- used it all.
- By the time you are finished, the first batch will be completely chilled and ready to cut.
- Reroll leftover dough and repeat the process.
- The added bonus by using Reynolds® Parchment Paper is that you are not adding any additional flour to your cookies!
I want to share this recipe because there are many cute cookie cutters to use during the holiday season. Some have very intricate designs that get lost when the cookie bakes and spreads. These cookies do not spread during baking! This recipe is GREAT when using complex cookie cutters. The dough holds its shape and won't spread during baking. Make sure you let your oven preheat for at least 1/2 hour before baking these or any other cookies.