No-Sugar Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) light cream cheese (not fat free)
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract (I used a bit more)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling which contains sugar)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice (recipe called for pinch each of nutmeg and cloves, but I didn't have any cloves)
- non-stick spray for baking dish (use very sparingly)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In large bowl combine softened cream cheese, Splenda, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Blend in eggs, one at a time. Remove one cup of batter and spread into bottom of glass or crockery baking dish which has been sprayed very lightly with non-stick spray. (I sprayed my dish too much and had a hard time getting the first layer spread evenly. Next time I would put a very thin layer of chopped pecans over the nonstick spray.)
- Add pumpkin and spices to remaining batter and stir until blended. Carefully spread pumpkin layer over first layer. Bake in preheated oven 35-45 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then chill several hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream if desired and wait for compliments.
- I used a 10" by 8" glass baking dish to cook this. Next time I think I would double the recipe and only increase to a 9" by 13" baking dish to make a thicker cheese cake. This would show of the layers better.