No fail pie crust (2 crusts, may use as top and bottom on pie or two pies with no top crust)
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Crisco
- 4 Tablespoons ice cold water
- Combine flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cut in Crisco with 2 knives or a pastry blender until mixture is size of small peas.
- Sprinkle with water a Tablespoon at a time; toss with a fork.
- Work dough into a firm ball with hands.
- Press dough into a flat circle with smooth edges.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more.
- Divide dough in half and roll each into a circle on a floured surface.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or place half of rolled out dough into pie pan, fill then top with top crust.
- Bake as your recipe calls for.
I have been using this recipe since I got it from my SIL many years ago. Some people have told me that it is a Crisco pie crust recipe. Wherever it may have come from I have been using it for 30+ years and have never had it not turn out right. Someone once told me also that you can not re-roll pie crust, this particular recipe is very forgiving and I have re-rolled it many times.