Nutella-Stuffed French Toast
- 8 slices egg bread, like brioche or challah
- 3/4 Cup Milk or Half and Half
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- pinch of Sugar
- 2 or 3 dashes Cinnamon
- 1 cup pitted cherries, (if using frozen thaw slightly beforehand)
- 3 TB Water
- 3 TB Sugar
- splash of Kirsch (optional)
- Spread about a tablespoon of Nutella on every other slice of bread.
- Place plain bread on top of bread spread with Nutella to create sandwiches.
- Beat eggs and mix together with milk, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture into a shallow bowl or baking dish.
- Place sandwiches in baking dish (liquid should almost reach the top of the bottom slice of bread).
- Soak, flip and soak other side.
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet or griddle until melted.
- Place sandwiches in skillet and cook about 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make cherry sauce.
- Add cherries, water, sugar and kirsch (if using) to a saucepan. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before pulse processing in a food processor or blender to desired consistency.
- Top nutella toasts with cherry sauce and confectioner's sugar.