- Servings: 12
- 1 cup flour (unbleached)
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (large flake oats)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted shortening
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease 12 medium-sized muffin cups
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Stir in rolled oats and brown sugar
- Beat together egg, milk and oil
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir only until combined. (Batter will be lumpy).
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.