Oatmeal-Nut-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBLSP. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup. chopped pecans
- 3 (1.5 oz.) bars milk chocolate (I use Hershey's), grated
- 12 oz. chocolate candy coating, (optional) BUT highly recommended.
- Place oats in electric blender; process until finely ground; set aside
- Beat butter in a large bowl at med. speed of an electric mixer; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine ground oats, flour, soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in chocolate morsels, grated chocolate, and pecans.
- Drop by heaping TBLSP-fuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Melt candy coating; dip cookies halfway and set cookies on wax paper.