Ooey Gooey Chewy Cookies
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 3 cups Special-K cereal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Place the cereal in a large bowl; set aside.
- Place the sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to make sure sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and carefully mix with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Working quickly, use a cookie scoop to drop the cookies onto parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a small glass bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until melted. Watch carefully, as the chips will retain their shape.
- Stir the chocolate/butterscotch mixture until smooth and spread over the tops of the cookies.