Orange Peel Chicken
- 2-3 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 T cornstarch
- 2 t soy sauce
- Dash of white pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 3/4 c honey
- 6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate (1/2 can)
- Zest from 1 orange
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T red pepper flakes, crushed
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Mix egg, 1 T cornstarch, 2 t soy sauce and white pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Mix flour, water, 1/4 c cornstarch, 1 T vegetable oil and baking soda. Stir into chicken until well coated.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into electric skillet to cover bottom (or 1 1/2 inches in a wok). Preheat to 350 degrees. Fry a few pieces at a time until brown, turning as needed. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile in a skillet, combine honey with juice concentrate, orange zest, garlic and red pepper flakes. Mix until boiling and turn off heat. Let set while rest of chicken cooks, will slightly thicken.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken, turning chicken to coat.