Orange Salad with Belgian Endive and Pomgranate
- Servings: 2
- 2 oranges (red Sicilian ones if you can get your hands on them)
- Belgian endive
- 1 pomgranate
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Separate the leaves of the Belgian endive, wash them and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Cut the pomgranate in half and take the arils out.
- Peel the orange: cut the top and the bottom, cut off the skin with the knife removing the white skin as well. Delicatly separate the slices from the internal membrane inserting a knife between the two. Collect the juice while doing all this.
- Arrange the Belgian endive leaves on a plate, place 2-3 slices of orange in each (my endive was small and the orange big, so I put only one), place the pomgranate arils in the middle.
- Mix the EVOO with the orange juice you collected while cutting the orange, salt to taste, mix well and pour over the salad. Complete with some finely chopped chive